UNOPS Vacancy of a Senior Project Manager Application details, How to Apply, Requirements, and Closing Date.
The UNOPS Senior Project Manager Jobs Vacancies Application Information. Interested applicants can apply for the available job position of Senior Project Manager before the recruitment application deadline.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organisations. With over 6,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, where they need it. By implementing around 1,000 projects for our partners at any given time, UNOPS makes significant contributions to results on the ground, often in the most challenging environments.
UNOPS Job Vacancy Application Details
Senior Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the project(s) and provides services to the different donors, partners and beneficiaries. Senior Project Manager acts on behalf of the Project Board to manage the project on an ongoing basis during the Implementation Stage. The main responsibility of a Senior Project Manager is to ensure that the project outputs are delivered within the specified project tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. He/she is expected to meet the organization’s performance and delivery goals.
AFR, KEMCO, Kenya MCO
- An advanced University Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Irrigation Engineering or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Irrigation Engineering or other relevant discipline with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Certification in Project Management (PRINCE2 Foundation, PMP, PMI, etc.) is an asset
- Completion of the UNOPS PMM, UNOPS PMM Infra Perspective and oneUNOPS Projects training within (3) months after signing this TOR is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in managing civil works / civil engineering projects involving construction management is required.
- At least two (2) years of experience managing multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- Experience with the construction of Dams or large scale irrigation infrastructure is a distinct advantage.
- At least one (1) year of knowledge and experience in implementing international standards in Health and Safety in construction projects is required.
- Experience working in developing countries including in Africa is desirable.
- Vast experience in risk management for infrastructure development projects is highly desirable.
- Strong experience in contract management, especially FIDIC contracts is highly desirable.
Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNOPS procedures is an advantage.
- Experience working with
Government Ministries, Departments, Agencies on donor-funded projects is an asset.
- Experience in planning for infrastructure projects with proficiency in MS Project and Schedule Analysis is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required
How to Apply
Before Applying, you will have to register with Unops to be be able to Apply