University of Free State -UFS Doctoral Scholarship program 2022 | How to apply for the University of Free State -UFS Doctoral Scholarship programs online, requirements, application form, and application closing date 2021/2022.
Have you been searching on google looking for Ongoing Scholarships in South Africa for South African Students? Search no more. Here on Studentsza we have listed down some Ongoing Scholarships in South Africa for South African Students.
Want to apply for Doctoral Scholarships in South Africa 2022? The University of Free State -UFS invites an application from suitable and qualified students for their Doctoral Scholarship program
ABOUT UFS DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
The University of Free State’s SARChI Chair in Higher Education and Human Development Research Programme (HEHD) is inviting Doctoral students to apply for scholarship funding, for the 2022 academic year.
The areas of research for the 2022 academic year, may include (but are not limited to):
- Educational Technology in Higher Education
- Inclusion or exclusion in African Higher Education
- International Student Mobility
- Participatory Methods in Higher Education Research
- Private higher education in Africa (comparative perspectives)
- Refugees in Higher Education
- University and Community Collaborations
The ideal Doctoral Research candidate must have preferably partaken in research such as development studies, education and development, and higher education studies or related disciplines such as sociology, philosophy, and politics for their Honours and Masters degree.
Successful candidates will be required to perform doctoral research on human development and higher education. They will also be required to participate in relevant HEHD activities and the School of Postgraduate Studies.
This programme collaborated with partners will include theoretical and empirical research pertaining to human development which is applied to social justice challenges in development and higher education.
HEHD will undertake a suite of graduate research as well as mixed methods research under the guidance of SARChI Chair in Higher Education and Human Development, Professor Melanie Walker.
UFS DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The university will select 2 qualified, motivated and talented students, to receive the scholarship award. The value of the fellowship is R180 000 per year, as well as an extra R30 000 for research expenses (registration fees will be deducted each year). Funding will be awarded for a maximum of 3 years, on the condition that recipients maintain satisfactory performance for doctoral studies.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UFS DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a foreign national
- You must intend on pursuing full-time research at the University of the Free State, in 2022
- You must have graduated with a Masters degree in a relevant discipline
- You must have graduated within the last 5 years
- You must have graduated with a minimum overall aggregate of 70%
- You must NOT be employed on a full-time basis (and not take up full-time employment for the full duration of the fellowship)
- You must be willing to reside as a full-time student at UFS for the duration of the programme (and relocate if you are not located near UFS)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UFS DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates who meet all of the eligibility criteria may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document, if a South African citizen (certified copy)
- Passport, if a foreign national (certified copy)
- Masters degree certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application
- SAQA verification certificate
- Proposed doctoral research outline, including; the aim, research questions, a preliminary literature review, and methods (6 to 10 pages in length)
- Masters Thesis (pdf copy)
- Curriculum Vitae, including; research publications, conference papers and grants received
- Contact details of 2 academic referees who have taught or supervised you and can vouch for you
Note: there is no application form, candidates need only submit the list of documents above to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to Dr Faith Mkwananzi at: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Doctoral Scholarship HEHD” in the email subject line).
UFS DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIP CLOSING DATE
29 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Bloemfontein campus – Tel: 051 401 9111
Qwaqwa campus – Tel: 058 718 5000
South campus – Tel: 051 401 9111
To help you get the most recent updates Bursaries all over South Africa, Don’t hesitate to like our Facebook Page and also subscribe to our mailing lists.
For More Inquiries about the University of Free State -UFS Scholarships, please, kindly drop a comment below We will respond to you ASAP or Contact the Scholarship provider.
I HOPE THIS POST WAS USEFUL, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS!!